It’s nearly one month since the launch of TechRant, and to celebrate, we thought we should give something back to you, the readers! There is only one book up for grabs here, but you should still have pretty good odds at winning!
- He secured a job with Mozilla before he finished University.
- Considered to be a Person of HTML5
- He has spoken at a fair number of well known events [videos]
- Google balls in HTML5 was his creation, and had over 100k shares
- There is a captain’s log (blog) of his explorations with web technology
- He wrote a book, Foundation HTML5 Canvas, which is still in the top 10 for Games Programming on Amazon even being released nearly two months ago!
- He’s an all-round nice guy!
Hopefully that was enough to convince you to enter, however if you’re looking for a little more info on what exactly the book contains, we can help you out there, too.
The short version, as Rob puts it: “Learn how to become a true master of HTML5 canvas in my new book. In it I teach you how to use all the major features of Canvas, animate with physics, and how to create two awesome space games.”
The slightly longer version…
Foundation HTML5 Canvas for Games and Entertainment is what it says on the tin. If you’re new to programming and want to get into the HTML5 Canvas scene and makes some games too, this book is for you. If you’re not new to programming, but you are new to working with Canvas and want to learn more, this book is for you. If you have no interest in computers, technology, or the internet in general—what are you doing here?
Here’s the table of contents I pinched from Amazon:
- Introducing HTML5
- Learning the Basics of Canvas
- Pushing Canvas Further
- Manipulating Images and Video
- Making Things Move
- Implementing Advanced Animation
- Creating the Space Bowling Game
- Creating the Asteroid Avoidance Game
- Taking Things Further and the Future of Canvas
If you’re STILL not convinced (which you should be), I strongly suggest you speak to @RobHawkes on twitter, who you should probably be following anyway if you aren’t already!
We have some seriously awesome articles being published over the next week, so stay tuned for those!
The giveaway ends on Wednesday 8th June 2011. The winner will be contacted and announced shortly after.